Wednesday, September 7, 2011

IDW's The Dunwich Horror


Lock up your Necronomicon, and hide the cows, because here comes IDW Publishing’s adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft’s “The Dunwich Horror”! Announced last July, Joe R. Lansdale will start writing the tale, while artist Peter Bergting will begin illustrating. As if people aren’t excited enough to see how Bergting will portray one of H.P.L’s greatest stories, but to be teamed up with eight time Bram Stoker Award winner, Joe R. Lansdale….. I have no words.

“It’s flattering to be working on a Lovecraft project, one of the most influential horror writers of all time,” says Lansdale, I would have to agree, I think I would simply go… well shall I say mad if I got to work on a Lovecraft project.

It is going to take four issues to get through, which im sure most people will enjoy more, but a sweet bit of desert for each issue will include a tiny adaptation of Lovecraft’s “The Hound” with help from . I also saw while looking for info on this topic that readers are encouraged to ask their retailer about the variant Nick Percival covers and “The Dunwich Horror” prose chapbooks for each issue. Those will include original prose from the original story.

This is one of my favorite stories and I am happy to also say that I have heard that this is the beginning. That’s right supposedly there are more possible H.P. Lovecraft stories on the table for consideration. Praise Yogsothoth!!



I couldn't find the fourth cover, but im sure soon enough it will be brought to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment